Steffie Kids Marathon 2017
The Steffie Woima Elementary School Parent Council is excited to sponsor the Fourth Annual Steffie Kids Marathon for children aged kindergarten through grade 5, their families, friends and community! Last year was a great success with the entire school participating in the final kilometre and over 475 registered marathon participants! The goal of the Steffie Kids Marathon is to give participants the opportunity to increase their physical activity while focusing on achieving a goal. We hope to motivate children and their families to commit to a healthy lifestyle and develop a daily fitness routine.
What is it?
The Steffie Kids Marathon is a pedometer marathon geared to encourage daily physical activity for all! We encourage everyone; students, siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends; to join in and get active. Upon registering each participant will receive a pedometer and a training log. The pedometer is to help them log their distance completed and the training log is to record their distance completed. They will log 41 kilometres in ¼ km increments. To culminate the Marathon the final kilometre will be done on JUNE 9, 2017 as a whole school. We will begin at the school and finish at Centenial Park, with our sponsors giving each registered participant “Steffie Kids Marathon” medal.
1. Fill Out Attached Registration Form. Registration fee for Students and staff of Steffie Woima is $7.00, for all other registrants the fee is $15.00. Cheques made payable to Steffie Woima School Council. ****PLEASE NOTE T-SHIRT STYLE HAS CHANGED TO GILDEN PERFORMANCE SHIRT****
2. Return Completed Registration Form (Click here for Registration Form) and fee to school. From Wednesday, April 5-Friday April 7, 2017 8:15AM-845AM a table will be set up at the front entrance to collect registration forms and money, and distribute pedometers and log sheets. After this date registration forms will be collected and pedometers and log sheets distributed through the office of Steffie Woima.
3. Fill out information on log sheet. (Click here for Log Sheet)
4. Calculate how many of your steps equal a ¼ km.
5. Start Walking/running and recording your kilometres in ¼ km increments.
6. On t-shirt pick up day (to be announced) please return your completed log sheet, you will receive your official Steffie Kids Marathon t-shirt, which must be worn on final kilometre day to receive your medal.
7. Show up and be ready to finish your marathon on June 9, 2017. Time to be determined.
The goal of our marathon is to encourage increased physical activity and to have fun while doing it! Special thanks to our already committed sponsors. Curriers Custom Fabricating, Global Pet Foods, Grand Central Stitchin’, Rapid Auto Solutions, SNAP Fitness 24-7, Stantec, Sylvan Agencies, Sylvan Family Health Centre, TAIT Electrical, Vallees Carpet Cleaning, White Tiger Martial Arts Woody’s Triathlon without their sponsorship the event would not be possible.
Steffie Woima Parent Council Contact: Jennifer - Please contact the school for contact info.