- The Pre-Kindergarten program provides a language-rich, play-based pre-school environment for children.
- Children are provided with educational activities to enhance their cognitive, emotional, social, creative, and physical development.
- Pre-Kindergarten offers half-day programming four days each week from September to June.
- The program is taught by a certified teacher and supported by educational assistants. Additional support services are provided by a speech and language pathologist, occupational and physical therapists, and psychologist as required.
- The Pre-Kindergarten program offers a small class size.
Children must be four years of age by December 31st and have one of the following to be eligible:
- Language delays
- Academically at-risK
- Advanced Skill & Language Development
- English As A Second Language
- Behavioral & Emotional Regulation Challenges
Children with other delays or ‘at-risk’ will be considered
- Parents of children requiring assessment will be contacted by school personnel to arrange the necessary screening and/or assessments.
- Parents of children currently receiving speech-language intervention through AHS should speak to the child’s SLP to permit the information to be shared with Steffie Woima staff.
- Confirmation of enrollment will be determined when eligibility requirements are met.
Program Fees - The program is free for funded students (as per Alberta Education PUF funding guidelines) or $200/month for community students.
To apply for the program please call the school at 403-887-3088. A short interview will determine POSSIBLE eligility and we will assign an online application form. We will then schedule student assessments to fully determine eligibility. These assessments usually are scheduled in March/April.
Check out our welcome video: Welcome to PRE-KINDERGARTEN at Ecole Steffie Woima